Please read these guidelines before submitting your application below.
1. Australian and New Zealand citizens or permanent residents may apply to ANZSIL for financial support to facilitate their participation in internships at institutions involved in the practice of international law.
2. There are two application rounds for 2017. The closing dates for the 2017 application rounds are 16 May 2017 and 31 October 2017. It is envisaged that successful applicants will be notified by the end of May and November 2017 respectively.
3. The amount of financial support available in each round is decided by the ANZSIL Executive Council. An amount of up to A$2,000.00 may be made available to each successful applicant.
4. Successful internship applicants will receive one year's free membership of ANZSIL.
5. A sub-committee of the ANZSIL Executive Council will rank applications taking into account such matters as:
· academic performance;
· demonstrated interest in the field of international law;
· contribution to the community, and leadership qualities and potential;
· purpose of internship and relevance to ANZSIL;
· nature of the organisation and how its work is relevant to the aims of ANZSIL;
· financial need; and
· equitable distribution of support, taking into account gender balance and geographical distribution as between New Zealand and Australia.
6. The sub-committee will have complete discretion in determining the successful applicant or applicants and in deciding the level of financial support to be extended.
7. Applicants who are successful in obtaining funding from ANZSIL will be required to provide a summary of no more than 500 words about themselves, where they intend to spend the internship and what they hope to achieve. They will also be expected to provide a written report on their internship within one month of its conclusion. These may be published in the ANZSIL newsletter or on the ANZSIL website.
9. Applicants must fill out the eForm below and submit the following documentation in support of their application:
· Correspondence confirming acceptance in the internship;
· Academic transcript;
· A two-page (maximum) summary of the applicant’s resume; and
· One reference in support of the application from an academic or other professional referee. The reference may be included in the application or sent directly by the referee to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications including any additional documents or a resume exceeding two pages will not be considered. All applications should be submitted via the eForm below.
Consideration of an application may be delayed pending ANZSIL's receipt of all required documentation.